Representing Team Springfield, Nygel took first place at our Kickoff Classic back in September 2016. He is a dynamic performer and certainly knows how to get the crowd going with rhymes and images. Come see what Nygel has prepared for Team Shelbyville. Remember though: no lemon throwing, Nygel!
1) Playful, philosophical, cathartic
2) Probably Knox Mt. Park – it holds memories of family, fun, romance, loss, natural beauty
3) Maybe Principal Skinner, because I work in Middle School?
4) Ohhh shit. That’s so tough. Firstly, there are many IWC poets who have left me speechless – So inspiring. As for famous poets, I love Ginsberg, and Seamus Heaney. Still Alive? Probably Anis Mogjani, Steve Roggenbuck.
5) Mac all the way, but I love the continuity of using Chrome.
Get your tickets for the big slam through Eventbrite or at Mosaic Books in downtown Kelowna.